Days of Summer!
Days of Summer!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Days of Summer Weekly Rewards

If you missed the patch notes and related article, a new event started today called the "Days of Summer". Basically, you do weekly quests which unlock rewards for members only. These rewards cost zero copper! And there are some pretty nice rewards on the merchant.

NOTE: There are only 9 weekly quests. So if you want some of the higher rewards, you need to do the quests before the event completes on October 2nd. If you miss a week, you can go back and complete them but you'll need to do them in order. The merchant is supposed to hang around for a while after the event.

Here's the patch note:

"The Days of Summer have arrived in Norrath! Visitors to the spire island in the Sundered Frontier can meet Yun Zi, The Great Traveler, who will offer weekly quests that unlock Days of Summer rewards. Reward eligibility is account wide, so once a quest has been completed on a single character, all characters on the account will be eligible for those rewards."

And the link to the EQ2 news article: https://www.everquest2.com/news/days-of-summer-2017-promo

Yun Zi can be found behind the Qeynos and New Halas representative SW of the spire in Sundered Frontier.

Week 1: An Oasis for Your Thoughts

This quest just requires to you visit several locations in the Deserts of Ro. For all locations, you will need to move in a bit for the update.

1) Sinking Sands (I flew to Camp D'Sas, ran back into SS until update then zoned to PoF at the camp)
2) Pillars of Flame (i walked from Swiftrider Caravan to Searing Gorge)
3) From PoF, enter Clefts of Rujark (non-fabled, walk to Cleft of Valor)
4) Maj'Dul (walk to Skygazer Plateau)
5) Living Tombs (carpet to Twin Tears in SS)
6) The Silent City (non-fabled)

One Weekly Quest Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 1 (windows)
  • Some legendary weapons/shield
  • 1H cyan rune with 97.4% potency
  • 2H cyan rune with 194.8% potency
  • Mercenary Evania Val'Sara (Cae'Dal - ranger, inquisitor, geomancer abilities)
  • Divine Potency Grant: 30 (sets you to level 30 potency in your deity window!)

Note: Max potency grant is level 50 after 8 weekly quests.

Alrighty - first quest done on mine and they all purchased everything they could, just so I have it around. ;p

I have NO idea what the Divinity thing is but none of mine seem to have the base ability. I applied it anyway and kept an extra one on each of them in case I figure it out some day.

--
Quote by Yoetra
I have NO idea what the Divinity thing is but none of mine seem to have the base ability. I applied it anyway and kept an extra one on each of them in case I figure it out some day.

If you open your Deity window from the EQ2 menu, you should find the potency level is now set to 30. I believe that affects your base potency because, if you look at your combat stats, your potency should have increased quite a bit.
Week 2: In a Kingdom Far Away

This quest just requires to you visit several locations in the Kingdom of Sky.

1) Barren Sky spire portal landing spot on Whisperwind Isle. (waypoint -583, -49, -413)
2) Barren Sky, Isle of Awakening. Step off the cloud landing pad and you should get the update.
3) Tenebrous Tangle, Hidden Refuge
4) Tenebrous Tangle, Breeding Grounds port pad
5) Bonemire, Dreadnever Crash Site
6) Bonemire, Halls of Fate around -27, -374, 3 right near the zone to the instance.

Two Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 2 (plants)
  • Legendary bracelet, charm, helm,
  • Ascended Journeyman Primer - sets a single ascension class to level 5, you can only consume one

Week 3: Echoes of the Past

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Echoes of Faydwer expansion.

To make an easy start of this, head to Isle of Mara and pick up a "Mission Stone of Steamfont" travel bauble (if you're a crafter). Then use the bell to zone to Butcherblock Mountains. You should get update #1 as you zone in (or move around a few steps). Then just use the Steamfont travel bauble to get to the next location.

1) Butcherblock Mountains - dock area (update by the bell)
2) Steamfont Mountains - Gnomeland Security
3) Loping Plains - Somborn (evac when enter Loping Plains to go direct to Somborn)
4) Lesser Faydark - Fae Drake Breeding Grounds (horse ride from Loping Plains to Butcherblock, jump off at the fae drakes, approx /way 624.94, 30.51, -27.58)
5) Greater Faydark - "Old Kelethin" (evac in LFay to get to GFay entrance, horse to Kelethin, take the nearby acorn elevator)
6) New Tunaria - Hall of Truth (in GFay take horse to New Tunaria, update approx -286, 53, -853)

Three Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 3 (siren)
  • Legendary earring, bow, ring
  • Fellowship of Stone orange rune - obsidian mind will reduce all damage types
  • Secondary cyan rune - 97.4% potency

Hey - where is my week 4 update? It may not seem like it, but I do try to log on and do these and you really shouldn't make me look it up myself.

Oh - and a question - what has orange adornment slots on it, none of my gear seems to have em.

Thanks - you're the bestest!

- Yoe

--
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Days_of_Summer_Quests

The orange adornments fit into the gear you get from the days of summer quests
Thanks Casa - I knew I could find it elsewhere -- but it misses that special Trinkit touch.

--
Sorry! Yes, I'm slacking!

We're in Virginia until Sunday so I haven't done much online this past week. I'm sure you did fine, but if you want the plain-jane update each week, EQ2 Traders does a decent job with it.

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q310&menustr=060000000000

Week #4 has another nice upgrade, by the way, with the level 35 divine potency boost. That extra 5 levels of potency in your deity window has added 500-1,000 potency for some characters.

Week 4: Kunark or Bust

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Rise of Kunark expansion.

If you have evac on a couple characters, the easiest way to get started is to take the spire directly to Kylong Plains. Then evac your group down to the docks (Dreg's Landing) and move around a bit to get your first update.

1) Kylong Plains - (Dreg's Landing) dock area
2) Kylong Plains - Teren's Grasp (ride the sokokar right back up or you can use a spire or druid ring to get there)
3) Fens of Nathsar - Sathir's Span (easiest access is through a bell - evac back to Kylong docks or use a bauble to Mara)
4) Kunzar Jungle - Jinisk (take a sokokar down to Eastern Pens and fly down to zone line, then soka to Jinisk)
5) Jarsath Wastes - Stonehoof Badlands (I took the druid ring from KJ and then a sokokar (or evac) to the entrance to JW, run down the path for update)
6) Jarsath Wastes - Venril's Crown (another sokokar ride, this one to howling stones, and jump off at the crater)

Four Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 4 (Castellum)
  • Legendary charm, gloves, ring
  • Legendary familiar (Summer Bloom)
  • Divine Potency Grant: 35 (sets you to level 35 potency in your deity window!)

Woohoo! Thanks!

Quote by Trinkit
Week 4: Kunark or Bust

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Rise of Kunark expansion.

If you have evac on a couple characters, the easiest way to get started is to take the spire directly to Kylong Plains. Then evac your group down to the docks (Dreg's Landing) and move around a bit to get your first update.

1) Kylong Plains - (Dreg's Landing) dock area
2) Kylong Plains - Teren's Grasp (ride the sokokar right back up or you can use a spire or druid ring to get there)
3) Fens of Nathsar - Sathir's Span (easiest access is through a bell - evac back to Kylong docks or use a bauble to Mara)
4) Kunzar Jungle - Jinisk (take a sokokar down to Eastern Pens and fly down to zone line, then soka to Jinisk)
5) Jarsath Wastes - Stonehoof Badlands (I took the druid ring from KJ and then a sokokar (or evac) to the entrance to JW, run down the path for update)
6) Jarsath Wastes - Venril's Crown (another sokokar ride, this one to howling stones, and jump off at the crater)

Four Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 4 (Castellum)
  • Legendary charm, gloves, ring
  • Legendary familiar (Summer Bloom)
  • Divine Potency Grant: 35 (sets you to level 35 potency in your deity window!)

--
Week 5: I Need to See Moors Places

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Moors.

The easiest way to get started is to take the spire from SF directly to the Moors. Run in a ways until you get the Dropship Landing update.

1) Dropship Landing Zone
2) Firmroot Moot (take a balloon ride, then run into the encampment)
3) Grobb (fly NE to the troll area)
4) Tupta (take a balloon from the Moot or fly South, run up tree for update)
5) Shadowed Cleft (take a balloon then run around until you get the update)
6) Brokenskull Rock (take a balloon from Shadowed Cleft)

To return, evac and take the spire back to SF.

Five Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 5 (Cherry Blossom)
  • Legendary bracelet, boots, necklace, sash
  • Days of Summer Familiar Tonic - increases stats of currently summoned familiar by 20%, can only be used once per character
  • Four orange adorns for ear/wrist
Woohoo!

--
Week 6: Ice to See Velious

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Destiny of Velious expansion.

1) Great Divide - Fina's retreat where the othmir are (fastest way is the Heroic Stone of Return, or you can take a bell from Mara or the Guild Hall to Thurgadin then evac)
2) Great Divide - Rear entrance to Thurgadin (take a griffon to Ring War, then fly toward Thurgadin back door)
3) Eastern Wastes (take a griffon from Ring War to EW or fly to Scar Bridge first if they don't have the EW griffon tower)
4) Withered Lands - Entrance just off griffon tower (I went to GH, took banner to Skyshrine, ran down to horse to get that point then evac'd to entrance. You could just fly from Thurgadin docks.)
5) Skyshrine (I took a horse from Withered Lands entrance to Alivan. Could also use GH banner.)
6) Cobalt Scar - Entrance (Mara, bell to Great Divide, then griffon to Cobalt Scar entrance or Mara, bell to Cobalt Scar and evac to entrance.)

Six Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 6 (Highkeep gaming)
  • Legendary bracer, earring
  • Rune: Wisdom of the Kly - orange adorn
  • Foundation of Tol'Ren - white adorn, 1st of set, 54% crit bonus
  • Divine Potency Grant: 40 (sets you to level 40 potency in your deity window!)

Note: We're safely within the last month of the weekly summer quests. If you have characters that aren't members, it might be worth the krono to make them a member for a month. The divine potency alone has a significant effect on character performance.

i did that for anida and i have to do all the previous weeks LOL.
Week 7: An Eternity Without You

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Chains of Eternity expansion.

To get started you may choose to zone into the travel house and take the Eidolon portal, or use the spire and zone to Feerrott, then take the Eidolon portal from there.

Note: If your characters have not done the quest line for that expansion, it's possible they may not be able to use the spire entrance.

1) Eidolon Jungle - Ethermist Shores (NW from the entrance, on the beach)
2) Eidolon Jungle - Greyfall (straight south in the white patch near the Tourbillion)
3) Eidolon Jungle - Fearcreep (east side of the map where the air is red orange)
4) Obol Plains - Zone In (fly east from Fearcreep and then down into the Tourbillion)
5) Obol Plains - Cardin Ward (short flight over to the town)
6) Obol plains - Harrow's End (SW to the entrance)

Note: If you would rather zone than fly, the whisper columns in the travel house and guild hall will take you to the entrance of Eidolon (LightShadow Undergrowth), Fearcreep (#3) and Cardin Ward (#5).

Seven Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 7 (sparkle balls)
  • Legendary shoulder, cloak
  • Rune: Flash Fire - orange adorn
  • Firmament of Tol'Ren - white adorn, 2nd of set, 150k ability mod

Week 8: Tears for Fears

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Tears of Veeshan expansion.

To get started you can actually take the spire from SF to Vesspyr. I have no idea why they allow you to do that because there isn't a spire to return but... there you go.

Note: You don't need to land for any of the upates. Just fly until you see the yellow text for the update, sometimes pretty high above the ground.

1) Daarspire - Falinpol (from druid ring fly toward merchant area)
2) Aeterna Gardens (SE toward Wuoshi's isle)
3) Karak Peak (straight north)
4) Droumlunds (west north west)
5) Blightscale (south to the white isle)
6) Veeshenna Tol (SE to Harla Dar's isle)

Eight Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 8 (Draconic Clock, Drake Plushie)
  • Legendary pants
  • Rune: Untapped Potential - orange adorn
  • Ascension of Tol'Ren - white adorn, 3rd of set, 366% potency
  • Warslik Pridewing (no-stat flying lion mount)
  • Divine Potency Grant: 50 (sets you to level 50 potency in your deity window!)

Week 9: An Altar-Nate Malice

This quest requires to you visit several locations in the Altar of Malice expansion.

If you don't have them, before you go up to Sundered Frontier, you might want to stop by the Isle of Mara and pick up some Return to Refuge and Return to Highhold travel gems.

The fastest way to get started is to use the Return to Refuge gem to get to Tranquil Isle. You may have to move off the dock to get the update.

Note: Same as last expansion, you can fly above the islands until you see the yellow text for the update.

1) Isle of Refuge (Tranquil Sea on the bell or the Return to Refuge travel gem)
2) Death Weave Isle
3) South Dshinn
4) North Dshinn (Fly north, take a bell to Phantom Sea and Evac, or use the Return to Highhold gem and evac)
5) Wanderer's Dock, Kithicor (Fly or use the anchor from the signature)
6) Grim Shales (To shorten the flight, you could use the Return to Highhold gem or leave Phantom Sea and take a bell to the Distillery)

Note: Use Fast Travel in the upper right corner of your map to get back to Sundered Frontier. Fast Travel is now free for paying members.

Nine Weekly Quests Unlocks:
  • Decoration Pack 9 (2 stone gargoyle)
  • Legendary chest piece
  • Rune: Ascendants Grace - orange adorn
  • Primus of Tol'Ren - white adorn, 4th of set, 2 fervor
  • Mara Estate Deed of Ownership (entire Isle of Mara prestige home, minus furniture)

We just official confirmation that the Days of Summer merchant and quests will become "permanent" content so that alts and new/returning players can catch up.

Quote by Roxxlyy
Good news! The dev team has decided these quests will become permanent content.

There are many reasons for this decision, mostly due to the tithe catch up and balance issues that we wanted to fix before the Planes of Prophecy release. We decided that leaving the questing content available would help alts, new, and returning players down the line, and that there is no real downside to leaving it active. We also saw a lot of players panicking because they were missing quests due to being out on summer vacations, facing natural disasters, etc, and wanted to ensure no one felt stressed that they were missing out.

We apologize for the confusion in messaging yesterday - I'll be clearing up the article shortly and ensuring that this new information gets spread further out on other channels as well!

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]